Radial Timber Sales shows a quick guide on installing weatherboards. Natural Edge Weatherboards are sawn from hardwood timber and are a popular product used for timber cladding, weatherboard cladding and timber wall cladding.
Steps for Installing Weatherboards
- Number each weatherboard sequentially.
- Cut off both log ends 350mm in from each end.
- Cut the natural edge off your first board so it is straight.
- Cut weatherboard to required length
- Sequentially nail the natural edge weatherboard from the bottom up.
- Keep each board roughly parallel to each other by eye.
- Spacings and cover can be varied as you go.